Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Saga Of The Crazy Cat Lady



It seems like a normal day, sun shining, birds...gone from the cold. Nothing can go wrong, and then here comes this white haired (what I call a long haired bowl cut) with a cat slung across her shoulder like one of those ammo belts people carry on their chests. It was very weird. However, this was a while ago, and weird things have been happening ever since. Anyway, onto the saga.

It first began on recycling day, and it was about 9am. Me, being environmentally friendly had put my recycling bin out the previous night. As I opened the door to go to class, there she stood, well not stood as much slowly and strangely dragging my recycling bin up onto my property, still with the cat attached to her shoulder. When I asked her just what in gods name she was doing, she simply replied "Ain't no good no how to be leavin' these on the sidewalk. You should bring them in as soon as POSSIBLE" I emphasise possible because she had. Kind of weird to emphasise this word, but whatev.


The next time I saw her was in summer when I strolled out of my homestead once again. I met her, weeding my garden, which is strange because its very small, and the weeds are covered by this one big plant that is called whoreallycares. This time, she didn't seem to notice me, and proceeded to weed the garden in silence, except for a few mumbles and grumbles about the garden. Lets review. Old lady, not her garden, comes to other persons house, weeds, complains about weeds. There are not enough words in the dictionary.


Next on the agenda. Door cocking. Yes indeed. After one of my long classes, I was a little exhausted and burnt out. I pulled in the car, and stumbled to the house. There she stood in front of my door, pulling off the cocking. For those of you who don't know what cocking is, its the plastic stuff around other stuff to keep the heat in and keep stuff together. Once her task had been completed, she stumbled off with the cat in silence. I was never sure what she did with it. I don't think I want to know.


Finally, sorry if I'm boring you. I was driving home one night as she was walking down the street. On the other street some young kids spent their time snickering at her. She turned toward them, and proceeded to laugh as well. Then, as she walked away, she turned toward my car and told me, word for for word. "Those boys think I have a skunk on my shoulder. Oh hoo hoo a skunk. To be honest *she leaned in close* I'm not really a skunk kinda person! After this she laughed, and walked down the street.


I see her from time to time these days. Also, every recycling day she puts our boxes up near our house. She spends her time walking up and down the street with the cat on her shoulder. I have a sneaky suspicion that its sown to her body. I hope she never dies, because then I would have to go to her funeral, which would just be cats. All cats.


Until next time, the saga continues. Long haired bowl cut and all.

No comments: